If you were unsuccessful in converting a service repair issue with a customer, do you know why? Capturing this information is important in order to recover lost service sales and improve your Service Department.
Why are you losing service sales?
Even though customers may have declined the recommended additional repair work, Service Advisors and Managers need to follow up with customers in the future, in order to secure future service sales.
Equally, analysing why you are losing or gaining sales, provides useful insight into the strengths and weaknesses of your service offering. This allows you to address any areas that require improvement.
Here are 5 general tips for how you can regain lost sales:
- Offer free vehicle inspections: Whenever a customer comes into the dealership for a service or repair work, offer them a free and comprehensive vehicle inspection report. Using an electronic Vehicle Health Check (eVHC) system helps technicians identify more repair work, and produce a vehicle inspection report in a quick and efficient manner. Providing customers with an informative, easy-to-understand and professionally presented vehicle inspection report allows them to better understand the recommended repair work. It helps build trust and helps service staff convert more repair work.
- Track and report on sales metrics: If you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it! Consider getting an eVHC system that can help your dealership track service sales metrics, such as: number of vehicle inspections, dollars identified and sold per vehicle, sales and conversion rates. Always record reasons for each sales loss – an eVHC system, such as Superservice Triage, can help you analyse this over time. Having access to comprehensive real-time analytics gives you the key insights to increase staff performance, sales closure and profits.
- Get your service staff more involved: Involve your service staff by sharing the overall sales results, along with their individual performance. Use an eVHC system that has charts, graphs and statistics, to help pinpoint any weak areas or any service staff who might need more training in closing sales.
- Better communication with customers: Certain eVHC systems, such as Superservice Triage, have real-time ‘Duty of Care’ alerts that immediately notify Service Advisors when urgent repair work is declined or deferred. This gives service staff an opportunity to get in touch and explain the importance of the repair work to customers.
- Follow up with customers: It’s essential to keep in touch and follow up with customers – this can be done easily using an eVHC system with a ‘Follow-Up Calendar’ feature. It automatically records declined or deferred work, and alerts Service Advisors to follow up with customers at a future date. The more work you methodically follow up, the more sales you will recover.
Interested in recovering lost service sales? Take a free demo of Superservice Triage electronic Vehicle Health Check system!
Superservice Triage by Infomedia is a real-time, VIN-specific electronic Vehicle Health Check system. It empowers dealerships to increase revenue, improve their Service Department’s productivity and build customer trust.FREE DEMO