This is an exciting opportunity to join a business that has its sights firmly set on growth. The role is fast paced with a diverse range of matters spanning corporate advisory, commercial contracts, employment, intellectual property, regulatory compliance, risk, governance and M&A.
Working with the General Counsel, you will support the business to meet its core purpose and commercial objectives in a manner which is compliant with all legal, statutory and regulatory obligations. You will also provide Company Secretarial support for the Company and the independent Board.
Headquartered in Sydney, Infomedia operates globally with offices in Melbourne, the United Kingdom, the United States and Germany. The role includes the opportunity to advise both domestically and internationally on commercial and regulatory matters. You will be comfortable operating out of your comfort zone from time to time and willing to provide flexible, commercially focussed advice for an international client base.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team and to help re-shape the legal function and gain valuable experience in a successful ASX listed, global, Australian business.
What you’ll do:
Legal & Commercial
- Commercial contracts: Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements with domestic and international counterparts, with emphasis on data and software licensing, intellectual property, software distribution and software integration and strategic partnership arrangements.
- Employment: advising on human resourcing issues including recruitment, separation, performance management, remuneration schemes, WHS obligations and policy development.
- Intellectual Property: Management and protection of the company’s core intellectual property portfolio including trademarks and copyrights.
- Regulatory & Compliance: Reviewing the company’s exposure to the regulatory environment and adopting a risk-based approach to make appropriate recommendations.
- Corporate Actions: engagement in corporate actions including the provision of advisory services on merger and acquisition activity.
- Procurement & Tenders: Reviewing and advising on inbound and outbound tenders.
- Data and Privacy: Advising on the use of third-party cloud infrastructure to host and store customer data across multiple jurisdictions.
- ESG: Core involvement in developing and implementing ESG strategies and initiatives.
- Risk: working with the management team to ensure risk is managed in line with the Company’s risk appetite and corporate and commercial objectives.
- Governance: application of Corporate Governance frameworks to procedural affairs of the Board and its sub-committees including Audit & Risk, Remuneration People & Culture and Technology & Innovation committees.
- Director Advisory: Advising Directors about statutory and common law obligations and advising on key aspects of corporate governance.
What you’ll bring:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Conscientious attitude and proactive, value-added, approach
- Stand out analytical, communication (written & verbal), people/relationship and time management skills
- Organisation and attention to detail
- Comfort to grow and operate outside of your ‘comfort zone’ from time to time
- A hands-on approach and desire to help reshape the legal function as it embarks on a journey toward digitisation
The following skills and experience are not essential but will be considered favourably:
- experience working with ASX listed entities and/or ASX Listing Rules;
- experience in the fields of corporate, technology, intellectual property and/or commercial contracts;
- corporate governance and risk;
- digitisation of legal work and processes.
Experience and qualifications:
- Admitted to practice law in Australia with a current practicing certificate
- Minimum 4 years of post-qualification experience in either a top/mid-tier private practice or strong in-house position
- Experience in commercial transactions, commercial contracting and contract negotiation
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and clients simultaneously and effectively and work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire and ability to learn business requirements quickly, analyse legal and business risks and propose creative, business-oriented solution
- An ability to bring a practical and commercially focused mindset to legal and commercial risk
Infomedia is a leading global provider of SaaS solutions to the parts and service sector of the automotive industry. Headquartered in Australia and with offices in North America and Europe, Infomedia has been at the forefront of aftersales system innovation for more than 28 years. Supplying online parts selling systems, sophisticated service selling systems, eCommerce solutions as well as data analysis and information research for automotive and lubricant industries.
Our software solutions are used each business day by over 250,000 users, produced in more than 35 languages and at work in 186 countries. Their powerful search functions and intuitive, user-friendly interface helps boost efficiency, profitability and customer retention for OE Parts and Service Departments.
Infomedia offers its Microcat® EPC, Superservice™ Quoting software, Data & Analytics, SimplePart eCommerce and various Data Services as ‘turn-key’ solutions to our OEM customers and their dealership networks.
Why choose us?
Put simply, we are a business who are a global leader in our industry on the cusp of a period of growth, innovation and evolution and we have no plans to slow down anytime soon. We develop innovatively crafted, data-driven cloud software solutions for some of the best and most well-known automotive brands across the globe. The day-to-day varied work coupled with our relaxed, informal, yet high-performing environment are the key things that make our team happy.
Culture and benefits:
Here at Infomedia we take our team members and our service very seriously. We live by our core values of Accelerating Performance, Driving Innovation & Service, Navigating Global, Steering Locals and Having Fun in the Fast Lane. We work hard but we play hard too. We offer a robust benefits package including paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements, health perks, growth and career development and recognition.
Please note that you must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for this role, and only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Infomedia is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Infomedia does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
May 6, 2022 7:08:35 AM UTC
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia