Position Purpose – Head of Engineering – ASX listed Global Product Management
- Lead Infomedia’s global development group for the Data Platform product portfolio.
- Foster a strong culture of high performance, collaboration and innovation and strive to deliver engineering excellence by continually improving and governing development best practices.
- In partnership with product management and project management teams, ensure the product development roadmap and customer development projects are delivered on-time and with a high degree of quality.
- Manage and maintain the technology roadmap across the Data Platform products that focus on risk, platform optimisation and technical debt.
- Cost management of cloud services and hosting environments associated with product development and production services.
- Effective engagement with other Heads of Engineering and Head of Architecture to achieve strategic organisational outcomes.
- Lead a group of engineering managers with an overall team of over 15 engineers (and growing) by providing clear direction and leadership creating a highly engaged team.
- Drives high performance in the team through managing and coaching the team and providing quality feedback.
- Manage the career development of engineering talent through regular one-on-one conversations and annual performance plans.
- Hiring of great talent using a rigorous and timely process.
- Ensure engineering teams possess the appropriate engineering talent, skills and experience to support roadmap development and operational needs.
- Continually improve and evolve engineering practices, processes and tool chain to ensure our application code base is of high quality and maintainable, includes strong documentation practices, manages security and vulnerabilities appropriately and that release processes are reliable and robust.
- Oversee and direct the effective engagement of engineering and architecture teams such that solution designs and adoption of new technologies and architectural patterns are appropriately governed.
- Manage and maintain the technology roadmap across the Data Platform products that focus on risk, platform optimisation and technical debt. Engage with product management to ensure these concerns are appropriately prioritised within the product development roadmap.
- Oversee and facilitate on-time delivery of development projects.
- Technical project management of technology-led projects and initiatives requiring cross-product co-ordination.
- Conducts presentations to management and stakeholders in periodic status updates.
- Effective cost management of AWS infrastructure through design governance, asset management governance, monthly cost review of Data platform assets and driving platform optimisation and/or refactoring tasks.
- Engage with and manage business partners to ensure service qualities are met and that engagement with our engineering teams are effective. Business partners include resourcing, software, infrastructure and SaaS providers.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary software engineering teams that are based both locally and offshore
- Proven track record of software engineering leadership, ideally within a SaaS based product-led organisation
- Strong AWS experience required
- Experience with Agile software delivery (Waterfall experience would also be desirable)
- “Can-Do” attitude – eager and willing to roll up your sleeves and jump into solving new challenges
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and time management skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking and problem solving/analysis skills
- Flexible/adaptable and can embrace change
Why Choose us:
Put simply, we are a business who are a global leader in our industry on the cusp of a period of growth, innovation and evolution and we have no plans to slow down anytime soon. We develop innovative, data driven cloud software solutions for some of the best and most well-known automotive brands across the globe. The day to day varied work coupled with our relaxed, informal, yet high performing environment are the key things that makes our team happy.
Culture and Benefits:
Here at Infomedia we take our team members and our service very seriously. We live by our core values of: Accelerating Performance, Driving Innovation & Service, Navigating Global, Steering Locals and Having Fun in the Fast Lane. We work hard but we play hard too. We offer a robust benefits package including paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements, health perks, growth and career development and recognition.
Please note that you must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for this role, and only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Infomedia is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Infomedia does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
April 25, 2022 10:50:59 PM UTC
Greater Sydney Area