This is an exciting opportunity to join a global business that has its sights firmly set on growth. As the Head of Engineering, you will lead Infomedia’s global development group, whilst fostering a strong culture of collaboration and innovation. You will provide leadership in establishing and maintaining high performing and cohesive teams that encompass both onshore and offshore members. In partnership with Product Teams, build and maintain a technical roadmap that focuses on managing risk, platform optimisation and technical debt whilst striving to deliver engineering excellence by defining and governing development best practices.
Infomedia is a leading global provider of SaaS solutions to the parts and service sector of the automotive industry. Headquartered in Australia, Infomedia has been at the forefront of aftersales system innovation for more than 28 years. Supplying online parts selling systems, sophisticated service selling systems, a range of publications, as well as data analysis and information research for automotive and lubricant industries.
Our objective is to empower our automotive partners by advancing their profitability, productivity, their customer’s service experience and the brand that stands behind it. With more than 170,000 users of our products in more than 186 countries, our unique approach to technology, automotive parts and service selling is validated 24 hours a day.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a group of engineering managers with an overall team of 50+ engineers.
- Continually improve and evolve engineering practices, processes and tool chain
- Manage delivery of technical projects requiring cross-product co-ordination.
- Working with the Architecture team, ensure solution designs align with Infomedia’s strategic architecture whilst balancing strategic and tactical priorities.
- Manage the career development of engineering talent.
- Facilitating on-time delivery of projects
What you’ll bring:
- Proven experience in leading and managing a large software engineering team.
- SaaS-based Fullstack software development experience, ideally with Java, NoSQL and Angular/Typescript
- Strong AWS experience required. Preferably certified.
- Experience with Agile software delivery (prior Waterfall experience would be desirable)
- “Can-Do” attitude – eager and willing to roll up your sleeves and jump into solving new challenges.
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible/adaptable and can embrace change.
Culture and Benefits:
Here at Infomedia we take our team members and our service very seriously. We live by our core values of: Accelerating Performance, Driving Innovation & Service, Navigating Global, Steering Locals and Having Fun in the Fast Lane. We work hard but we play hard too. We offer a robust benefits package including paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements, health perks, growth and career development and recognition.
Please note that you must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for this role, and only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Infomedia is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Infomedia does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
May 27, 2021 3:01:02 AM UTC
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia