Infomedia is a leading global provider of SaaS solutions to the parts and service sector of the automotive industry. Headquartered in Australia, Infomedia has been at the forefront of aftersales system innovation for more than 28 years.
Our software solutions are used each business day by over 220,000 dealership personnel, produced in more than 35 languages and at work in 186 countries. Their powerful search functions and intuitive, user-friendly interface helps boost efficiency, profitability and customer retention for OE Parts and Service Departments.
Expectations of the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business that has its sights firmly set on growth. The Senior Software Architect provides high level technical expertise to the software development and management teams. The role is responsible for the design of software and ensuring all such designs are capable of meeting business objectives. Also important is the ability to ensure development activities are consistent with these goals. The Senior Software Architect will also provide all necessary education to ensure the appropriate level of awareness.
What you’ll do:
- Define and promote the coding and design standards for the organisation
- Design the technology stack used by the development group
- Educate the development teams on the technology stack and the coding standards
- Champion code quality through example projects, code reviews, design reviews and post implementation reviews
- Design software
- Work with product management to define requirements
- Work with UX designers to define UI look, feel & functionality
- Work in collaboration with development colleagues and Product Management to design products
- Document software designs
- Share knowledge
- Work across team boundaries to ensure smooth delivery of business projects
- Work in collaboration with team leaders to create project development tasks
- Provide support to the IT and development groups
- Provide education to developers in the form of lunchtime seminars, training programs and one on one mentoring
- Communicate and share knowledge with product managers, IT and development teams worldwide.
- Reliability of the Production Environment
- In collaboration with development teams, put in place practices and systems that help to ensure the stability of the production environment
- Assess business needs
- Assess business requirements and determine underlying needs.
- Work with management & product team to prioritise business requirements.
- Look to the future
- Champion innovation and creativity within the organisation
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of commercial software development experience
- Experience designing distributed SAAS systems on AWS
- Experience mentoring a team of software developers
- Experience analysing business and functional requirements
- Collaborative leadership capabilities and team building skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid business focus and strong project management skills
- Strong AWS Cloud engineering skills
- Strong Java programming skills
Why choose us?
Put simply, we are a business who are a global leader in our industry on the cusp of a period of growth, innovation and evolution and we have no plans to slow down anytime soon. We develop innovative crafted, data driven cloud software solutions for some of the best and most well-known automotive brands across the globe. The day to day varied work coupled with our relaxed, informal, yet high performing environment are the key things that makes our team happy.
Culture and Benefits:
Here at Infomedia we take our team members and our service very seriously. We live by our core values of Accelerating Performance, Driving Innovation & Service, Navigating Global, Steering Locals and Having Fun in the Fast Lane. We work hard but we play hard too. We offer a robust benefits package including paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements, health perks, growth and career development and recognition.
Please note that you must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for this role, and only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted. Our successful candidate is contacted via enboarder.
Infomedia is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Infomedia does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
October 11, 2021 11:38:29 PM UTC
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia