Infomedia is a leading global provider of SaaS solutions to the parts and service sector of the automotive industry. Headquartered in Australia, Infomedia has been at the forefront of aftersales system innovation for more than 28 years. Supplying online parts selling systems, sophisticated service selling systems, a range of publications, as well as data analysis and information research for automotive and lubricant industries.
Our software solutions are used each business day by over 220,000 dealership personnel, produced in more than 35 languages and at work in 186 countries. Their powerful search functions and intuitive, user-friendly interface helps boost efficiency, profitability and customer retention for OE Parts and Service Departments.
Expectations of the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business that has its sights firmly set on growth. As a Senior Software Engineer for Data Products, you will develop and maintain the next generation of Infomedia’s SaaS APIs. Our customers are global household names, and your APIs will power their critical internal and consumer facing applications.
The ideal candidate will possess an extensive background developing complex cloud backend systems. You will be aware of industry best-practices related to software development and have a broad knowledge base of application design patterns from which to draw upon.
What you’ll do:
- Design and document end-to-end systems with a focus on APIs that expose datasets from a variety of sources
- Develop Java Microservice based REST APIs for internal and external consumption
- Develop data pipelines and data transformations to prepare datasets for these REST APIs
- Create CI/CD pipelines, including application containerisation technologies
- Design and implement infrastructure-as-code, including API Gateways, load balancers, container runtime environments and associated components
- Provide operational support for our production environments including availability for an on-call roster
- Mentor, code review and upskill our junior developers
· Strong Java development expertise, including Spring Boot, JPA & Maven
· Experience developing and consuming REST based APIs
· Solid SQL, relational data modelling and object-relational mapping
· An ability to design, estimate and communicate application architecture
· Experience developing CI/CD pipelines on platforms like CircleCI
· AWS infrastructure and infrastructure-as-code, especially AWS CloudFormation
· Application performance management using tools like New Relic
· Data engineering using Apache Spark and an understanding of data lake concepts
Nice to have:
- Apache Spark – AWS EMR and Glue would be highly regarded
- A conceptual understanding of Big Data & Data Lakes
Why choose us?
Put simply, we are a business who are a global leader in our industry on the cusp of a period of growth, innovation and evolution and we have no plans to slow down anytime soon. We develop beautifully crafted, data driven cloud software solutions for some of the best and most well-known automotive brands across the globe. The day to day varied work coupled with our relaxed, informal, yet high performing environment are the key things that makes our team happy.
Culture and Benefits:
Here at Infomedia we take our team members and our service very seriously. We live by our core values of: Accelerating Performance, Driving Innovation & Service, Navigating Global, Steering Locals and Having Fun in the Fast Lane. We work hard but we play hard too. We offer a robust benefits package including paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements, health perks, growth and career development and recognition.
Please note that you must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for this role, and only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Infomedia is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Infomedia does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
September 9, 2021 12:37:35 AM UTC
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia