Infomedia is a leading global provider of SaaS solutions to the parts and service sector of the automotive industry. Headquartered in Australia, Infomedia has been at the forefront of aftersales system innovation for more than 28 years. Supplying online parts selling systems, sophisticated service selling systems, a range of publications, as well as data analysis and information research for automotive and lubricant industries.
Our software solutions are used each business day by over 220,000 dealership personnel, produced in more than 35 languages and at work in 186 countries. Their powerful search functions and intuitive, user-friendly interface helps boost efficiency, profitability and customer retention for OE Parts and Service Departments.
Expectations of the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business that has its sights firmly set on growth. This is a highly rewarding career opportunity to explore if you’re seeking an end-to-end Systems Engineer (Infrastructure) position working with a fun and friendly team and supporting all things AWS Cloud Services, along with managing and supporting Microsoft Infrastructure technologies and databases.
Most importantly, we want you to bring your passion for automating infrastructure technologies with good overall scripting skills in PowerShell and Python adopting a modern approach to DevOps type activities (AWS) to help this team continue their journey of building infrastructure excellence for the future, and you’ll have the opportunity to share and impart your own innovative ideas.
- Maintaining the operational effectiveness of Infomedia’s systems/networks
- Providing specialist services in relation to implementing, managing, operating and supporting the Cloud Services across Infomedia.
- Working within the IT Infrastructure delivery team dealing directly with end-users, business stakeholders and Technology Lead’s.
- Design, build and support new Infrastructure technologies and services, with a focus towards “automation” (PowerShell and Python scripting) and DevOps (AWS).
- Ensure documentation and procedures are always up to date.
- Front line support of the Microsoft365, Windows/MacOS, MongoDB database, VMware or HyperV, and AWS cloud environments.
- Front line support of the Microsoft 365, Windows / MacOS, VMWare or HyperV, & AWS Cloud environments
- Implementing new databases and associated objects.
- Monitoring and reporting on database service availability.
- Performing backup and recovery of corporate databases.
- Ensuring that all resources can be tied back to a product and owner through resource tagging & keeping our CMDB up to date
- Contributing to the development of operational procedures.
- Producing and acting on security violation reports.
- Testing, implementing, monitoring and tuning networking software/hardware to ensure optimum systems performance and highlight potential issues.
- Following agreed procedures, respond to user requests for technical assistance remotely and face to face.
- Ability to work independently without referral back to Team Leader.
- Proven experience working in an Infrastructure Systems Engineer / Cloud Systems Administration type role.
- A passion for building future state technology stacks and environments.
- Public Cloud and production experience working with AWS Cloud Services, (EC2, CloudFormation, AWS Systems Manager, Containers, etc..).
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Office 365 and Active Directory (migration, design and deployment).
- Experience managing VMware environments and Veeam backups
- Automation and scripting skills in both Powershell and Python
- Hands on experience of supporting and troubleshooting virtualised installations / cloud environments.
- Microsoft and AWS certifications preferred e.g AWS – Solution Architect Associate / MCSE
- Effective trouble-shooter.
- Good communication skills.
At least 5-7 years of commercial experience in IT/Systems Engineering coupled with professional qualifications in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering. Will typically hold or be working toward an MCSE, AWS, technical qualification.
Why Choose us:
Put simply, we are a business who are a global leader in our industry on the cusp of a period of growth, innovation and evolution and we have no plans to slow down anytime soon. We develop innovative, data driven cloud software solutions for some of the best and most well-known automotive brands across the globe. The day to day varied work coupled with our relaxed, informal, yet high performing environment are the key things that makes our team happy.
Culture and Benefits:
Here at Infomedia we take our team members and our service very seriously. We live by our core values of: Accelerating Performance, Driving Innovation & Service, Navigating Global, Steering Locals and Having Fun in the Fast Lane. We work hard but we play hard too. We offer a robust benefits package including paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements, health perks, growth and career development and recognition.
Please note that you must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for this role, and only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Infomedia is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Infomedia does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
October 6, 2021 7:42:39 AM UTC
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia