Infomedia’s application engineering team is going through our next phase of growth with focus on engineering excellence. We’ve accelerated our DevOps practices by moving to a container micro-services architecture, adopting the Spotify squad concept, and automating everything (almost). We are looking for bright engineering minds to join our team to help us move to the next level by uplifting SRE best practices, enabling faster product feedbacks, and further shift left. You’ll be using Java, Spring framework, MongoDB, AWS ECS and AWS Serverless products, alongside a team of brilliant software engineers.
Expectations of the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business that has its sights firmly set on growth. You will have the opportunity to enjoy an exciting career with an organization committed to developing high quality products and foster leadership. We are seeking an exceptional, passionate, and creative Senior Full Stack Developer who loves developing great software that is elegant and easy to use.
- Interact effectively with other developers, team leaders, architects, product managers, User Interface designers, testers and production engineers to improve software design and quality
- Actively seek to improve our products and suggest ideas for new products
- Work in line with the software development process and actively seek to improve it
- Design and implement software components
- Support and maintain existing products
- Identify and fix problem areas in the existing architecture and code
- Write test software
- Perform feasibility studies or investigations
- Keep abreast of technical developments in own field
- Support project management in project estimation by defining and estimating work-break-downs
- Write detailed system requirement specifications
What you’ll bring:
- Excellent software development and design skills in core Java
- Microservices based experience – Migrating from Monolith to microservices
- AWS certified in architecture
- Accurately define and document system requirements
- Ability to perform feasibility studies and technology investigations.
- Strong at problem solving and implementing software solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of software design patterns and coding best practices
- Good understanding of web security and designing secure web-based software applications.
- Good knowledge of designing high performing, scalable and available applications.
- Strong knowledge of development tools such as IntelliJ IDE, GIT and Maven
- Good knowledge of enterprise application development including clustering, database replication, application server configuration, networking etc.
- The ability to estimate work break downs and time frames to complete tasks.
- Strong ability to coach and pass on knowledge to the team.
- Track record of proactive involvement in suggesting new processes, technologies, features etc.
· Experience developing CI/CD pipelines on platforms like CircleCI
· AWS infrastructure and infrastructure-as-code, especially AWS CloudFormation
· Application performance management using tools like New Relic
· Java and/or Angular application performance improvement experience.
Why Choose us:
Put simply, we are a business who are a global leader in our industry on the cusp of a period of growth, innovation and evolution and we have no plans to slow down anytime soon. We develop innovative, data driven cloud software solutions for some of the best and most well-known automotive brands across the globe. The day to day varied work coupled with our relaxed, informal, yet high performing environment are the key things that makes our team happy.
Culture and Benefits:
Here at Infomedia we take our team members and our service very seriously. We live by our core values of: Accelerating Performance, Driving Innovation & Service, Navigating Global, Steering Locals and Having Fun in the Fast Lane. We work hard but we play hard too. We offer a robust benefits package including paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements, health perks, growth and career development and recognition.
Please note that you must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for this role, and only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Infomedia is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Infomedia does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
April 29, 2022 1:31:14 AM UTC
Greater Melbourne Area