Infomedia is a leading global provider of SaaS solutions to the parts and service sector of the automotive industry. Headquartered in Australia, Infomedia has been at the forefront of aftersales system innovation for more than 28 years. Supplying online parts selling systems, sophisticated service selling systems, a range of publications, as well as data analysis and information research for automotive and lubricant industries.
Our software solutions are used each business day by over 220,000 dealership personnel, produced in more than 35 languages and at work in 186 countries. Their powerful search functions and intuitive, user-friendly interface helps boost efficiency, profitability and customer retention for OE Parts and Service Departments.
Expectations of the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business that has its sights firmly set on growth. You will lead technical design and software development of the MICROCAT Parts Bridge product software. This is a hands on development position where you will take ownership for the technical design of the software projects which includes frontend to backend as well as the cloud infrastructure. Provide mentorship for junior engineers on the team
What you’ll bring
- Design and develop product software using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed software design standards, patterns and methodology. Help achieve business and customer goals with a balance across complexity, business requirements, cost and time.
- Creates and communicates multiple design views to identify and balance the concerns of all stakeholders, and to meet both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Models, or prototypes the behaviour of proposed software design to again approval by stakeholders, and effective construction of the software.
- Recommends designs which take into account target environment, performance security requirements and existing systems. Reviews, verifies and improves own designs against specifications. Leads reviews of others’ designs
- Contributes to selection of the software development approach for projects in order to meet the quality and time requirements, as well as reduce delivery risk.
- Applies agreed software development standards and tools, to achieve well-engineered outcomes
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience of a technical lead with advanced knowledge of software design patterns and coding best practices
- Experience in designing and implementing infrastructure-as-code on AWS, including Cloud formation, API Gateways, load balancers, EC2, S3, lambda, container runtime environments and associated components
- Experience with CICD best practices and tools, such as Github, Bitbucket, CircleCI and Bamboo
- Strong at problem solving and implementing software solutions
- Strong ability to coach and pass on knowledge to the team
- Track record of proactive involvement in suggesting new processes, technologies, features etc
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in .NET a plus
- Previous experience with monolithic to microservices migration. This product platform is currently in .NET and we are migrating to Java.
- Experience with nosql database
· Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent academic qualification
Why Choose us:
Put simply, we are a business who are a global leader in our industry on the cusp of a period of growth, innovation and evolution and we have no plans to slow down anytime soon. We develop innovative, data driven cloud software solutions for some of the best and most well-known automotive brands across the globe. The day to day varied work coupled with our relaxed, informal, yet high performing environment are the key things that makes our team happy.
Culture and Benefits:
Here at Infomedia we take our team members and our service very seriously. We live by our core values of: Accelerating Performance, Driving Innovation & Service, Navigating Global, Steering Locals and Having Fun in the Fast Lane. We work hard but we play hard too. We offer a robust benefits package including paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements, health perks, growth and career development and recognition.
Please note that you must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for this role, and only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Infomedia is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Infomedia does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
September 28, 2021 2:01:42 AM UTC
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia