- Purpose of collection
Infomedia collects information in order to:
- obtain important feedback about our products and services;
- deliver you websites with improved efficiency and functionality; and
- carry on its business and to provide its products and services to the various stakeholders such as customers, stockholders and the general public.
Without these details Infomedia would not be able to carry on its business and provide its services to you. Infomedia will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one or more of our functions or services.
- Types of information collected by Infomedia
Infomedia collects a range of information in the ordinary course of its business activities, including personal and non-personal information. For example, we may collect information relating to your use of Infomedia’s products, services or websites.
- How Infomedia collects information
Infomedia gathers information in two ways:
- indirectly via the use of technology, for instance, via the placement of ‘ browser cookies’ or other analytical tools on computers and devices used by you; and
- directly, for instance where:
- you buy or obtain a subscription to our software or services;
- you contact us (for instance; to obtain support or make an inquiry in respect of our products);
- you submit your email address for inclusion in our database;
- you browse any of Infomedia’s active websites or domains;
- you are a registered stock holder of Infomedia.
- How Information is used
You acknowledge and agree that Infomedia may use or disclose information for the primary purpose for which it is collected, including but not limited to, provision of services and administration related thereto, fulfilment of orders placed by you, notification about changes to our services, and general record-keeping during or after your use of our products and/or services. We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where it a reasonable ordinary person would expect that we would use the information in such a way.You acknowledge and consent that by providing your information to us that:
- we may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes: to order, supply and/or deliver goods to you, register and handle product warranties, communicate with you, to better understand our customer’s needs or to comply with our legal obligations;
- for these purposes, your personal information may be shared between Infomedia Ltd and its related bodies corporate, and may be disclosed on a confidential basis to our third party contractors, agents or to our suppliers;
- you represent to us that where you provide personal information to us about another person, you are authorised to provide that information to us, and that you will inform that person who we are, how we use and disclose their information, and that they can gain access to that information;
- we may include your personal information in a database compiled by us for use in direct marketing by us.
- Disclosure of information
Your information will only disclosed to parties outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information. Infomedia reserves the right to disclose your information where:
- we reasonably suspect that there is a threat to your safety or the public’s health or safety; or
- we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process); and/or
- where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
- Third party sources
- Security and Storage
By accessing an Infomedia website, or by installing, accessing or using Infomedia’s products and/or services, you agree and consent to the transfer of information and/or data into a foreign jurisdiction, including any jurisdiction outside the European Union and/or the European Economic Area, or outside the United States of America. Further, you agree and acknowledge that such transfer and storage may be based on third party infrastructure leased by Infomedia from time to time.The security of all information held by Infomedia is treated with great importance. Security measures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of personal information under our control. Information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities. Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.Despite our efforts, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. Consequently, Infomedia cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its websites, nor its online products or services. Users transmit all information at their own risk. Upon receipt of your transmission we make every effort to ensure its security on our systems.Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
- Access to and Correction of Personal Information
Infomedia is committed to maintaining accurate, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, client and other stakeholders.You may request access to your information through our Privacy Officer using the following contact details:
- Privacy Officer
- 3 Minna Cl
- Belrose NSW 2085
- Locked Bag 5009
- Frenchs Forest NSW 2086
- Telephone: +61 (0)2 9454 1500
- Fax: +61 (0)2 9454 1799
- Email: email@example.com
Infomedia will consider your request in accordance with applicable privacy laws in place. Infomedia will provide you with access to a copy of the information it holds about you, and will permit you to update or change that information, unless:
- you cannot satisfy Infomedia that you are entitled to access the information; or
- Infomedia is entitled to refuse or withhold such access.
If you are refused access, we will provide reasons for such refusal upon your request. Please note that, for security reasons, Infomedia will not disclose sensitive security details under any circumstances, including such things as usernames, passwords or credit card information.