Last Modified 21st August 2017
- Types of information collected
Infomedia may collect a range of information in the ordinary course of its business activities, including personal and non-personal information. For example, we may collect information such as your name, phone number, email, IP address, all relating to your use of Infomedia’s products and / or services including websites.
- Primary Purpose of collection
Infomedia collects information in the course of its business activities in order to:
- carry on its business and to provide you with products and / or services;
- provide marketing and obtain feedback about our products and services; and
- deliver access to and contents of websites with improved efficiency and functionality.
Without this information, Infomedia may be unable provide its products and/or services to you.
- How Infomedia collects information
Infomedia collect s information in two main ways:
- directly where you:
- buy or obtain a subscription to our products and / or services;
- contact us to obtain support or make an inquiry in respect of our products or services;
- submit your email address and other information for inclusion in our database;
- browse any of Infomedia’s active websites or domains;
- become a shareholder of Infomedia.
- indirectly, for instance, via the placement of browser cookies or other analytical tools on computers and devices used by you.
- directly where you:
- How your information will be used
You acknowledge and agree that Infomedia may use or disclose information for the primary purpose for which it is collected, including but not limited to,
- provision of services and/ or products, administration related thereto, fulfilment of orders placed by you, marketing and notification about changes to our services and / or products, and general record-keeping related to your use of our products and/or services, register and handle support, communicate with you or to comply with our legal obligations; and
- may be shared between Infomedia Ltd and its related bodies corporate, and may be disclosed on a confidential basis to our third party contractors, agents or to our suppliers related to the primary purposes;
We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where a reasonable ordinary person would expect that we would use the information in such a way.
Where you provide personal information to us about another person, you warrant that you are authorised to provide that information to us, and that you will inform that person who we are, how we use and disclose their information, and that they can gain access to that information.
- Disclosure of information
- we reasonably suspect that there is a threat to your health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
- we reasonably suspect that illegal or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities; and / or
- where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process).
- Third party sources
- Cross Border Transfer, Security and Storage
By accessing an Infomedia website, or by installing, accessing or using Infomedia’s products and/or services, except where we have agreed under an agreement to retain such information within a specific country or region (such as to comply with the European General Data Protection Regulation and others), you agree and consent to the cross-border transfer of information and/or data. Infomedia uses third parties, including Amazon (AWS) and Microsoft cloud services, to host its emails, databases and systems on and Google to provide analytic services. Those providers are generally located in Australia, the European Union and/or the European Economic Area and/or the United States of America. Infomedia uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of personally identifiable information, including having secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Data transmission over the Internet may not be secure and you transmit all information at your own risk. Upon receipt of your transmission, Infomedia make every effort to ensure its security on our systems. You are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret and ensure your systems are up to date and implement antivirus and other protective measures.
- Contacts, Access to and Correction of Personal Information
Infomedia is committed to maintaining accurate, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, client and other stakeholders. You may contact us and/ or request access to your information through our Privacy Officer as follows:
- Privacy Officer
- 3 Minna Close, Belrose NSW 2085
- Locked Bag 5009, Frenchs Forest NSW 2086
- Telephone: +61 (0)2 9454 1500
- Fax: +61 (0)2 9454 1799
- Email: email@example.com
Infomedia will review your request in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will provide you with access to a copy of the information it holds about you, and will permit you to update or change that information, unless:
- you cannot satisfy Infomedia that you are entitled to access the information; or
- Infomedia is entitled to refuse or withhold such access.
If you are refused access, we will provide reasons for such refusal upon your request. For security reasons, Infomedia will not disclose sensitive security details including such things as usernames, passwords or credit card information.